Tuesday, July 21, 2009

SPC - 'Seven Deadly Sins' - #3

George tells Peterman's Mother his secret code:



...and later,

Kramer figures out George's code:




Jerry: Oh, come on, just tell me your code already. What is it?

George: I am not giving you my code.

Kramer: I'll bet I can guess it.

George: Pssh. Yeah. Right.

Kramer: Oh, alright. Yeah. Uh, let's see. Um, well, we can throw out birthdays immediately. That's too obvious. And no numbers for you, you're a word man. Alright, let's go deeper. Uh, what kind of man are you? Well, you're weak, spineless, a man of temptations, but what tempts you?

George: Huh?

Kramer: You're a portly fellow, a bit long in the waistband. So what's your pleasure? Is it the salty snacks you crave? No no no no no, yours is a sweet tooth.

George: Get out of here.

Kramer: Oh you may stray, but you'll always return to your dark master, the cocoa bean.

George: I'm leaving.

Kramer (building up steam as George bolts for the door): No, and only the purest syrup nectar can satisfy you!

George: I gotta go.

Kramer: If you could you'd guzzle it by the gallon! Ovaltine! Hershey's!

George: Shut up!

Kramer: Nestlé's Quik!

George: Shut up!


('The Secret Code' - Season 7)

I didn't grow up with Bosco around, like George, but we sometimes had Hershey's syrup or Nestlé's Quik, so chocolate milk was sometimes an option. I can remember the time when I had a craving for chocolate milk and we didn't have either, but I found a box with "Hershey's" on it and chocolate-looking powder inside. I learned that day that stirring baking cocoa into cold milk doesn't make a very good chocolate drink.

It does seem ridiculously indulgent to put chocolate into that purest of substances which from the moment each of us is born sustains us; makes us strong. I don't know whether this should count as gluttony, or not....but it sure does taste good!

Gluttony with a Grimace

No comments: