Saturday, July 04, 2009

Independence Day

We all decided to head out to the fireworks display in Alexandria Friday night.

We got there and got set up.

Harrison tried to be brave for the very first test shot (you know, the REALLY loud ones), but we could see the fear in his face. The subsequent test shots put him into tears and then nearly hysterics.

We tried to calm him. He went inside the van with Christy and closed the back hatch, but he'd have none of it.



We packed up and drove home. I dropped off Christy and Harrison and then Hannah and I went back to see if we could catch the end, which we just did. I don't know how long the show went on, but it was over nine minutes after we arrived the second time.

I was able to get a few photos of the fireworks, but in my hurry, I either forgot to set focus appropriately, or the focus slipped out when I was moving the camera around trying to get the right framing. Either way, these aren't too sharp:

Red White & Blue

Explosion of Blue

Pink & Orange

No comments: