Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SPC - 'Seven Deadly Sins' - #2

Sloth - spiritual or actual apathy, putting off what God asks you to do, or not doing it or anything at all.

I'm posting this, but I'm not entirely happy with it. I think it's an OK portrayal of the concept that most people have when they think of 'Sloth' as one of the deadly sins, but to me, the couch potato visual is a bit cliché; overdone, etc.

sloth

I think the association of being a "couch potato" with the deadly sin of sloth is a dangerous one.

I think many in our society make this association and then presume that the converse must be true. "If being lazy is a deadly sin, then being insanely busy must be a virtue.

Not so.

As with all things, I find that it is the condition of one's heart as they seek to do good that is more important than being busy simply for busy's sake.

These verses help to define the difference between being "busy" and being a "busybody."

No comments: