Monday, March 14, 2005

Weekend Update With Chevy Chase...

Hey kids! Chevy couldn't be here, so I'm filling in.

I had a mind-blowing, life-changing post up last night (perhaps a few of you saw it an can attest to the fact), but my crappy dial-up internet connection lost most of it. This morning, I removed the truncated post and replaced it with this. With any luck, my post is still on my computer at home in some form and I'll get it posted later tonight.

Until then, perhaps you computer gurus out there can diagnose my computer problem. My computer won't stay connected to the internet. It dials fine and connects for a little while, but sooner or later it disconnects itself. For you lucky broadband users who can remember, when there is a dial-up internet connection, there's a little icon down in your taskbar that shows two green computer screens flashing indicating that there is an active connection. That icon comes up fine, but while browsing the internet, I will notice that a page isn't loading so I pick up the nearby telephone receiver and there's a dial tone. I'm no longer connected to the internet. It's been this way for quite some time now. This has happened on two different ISP's too. Any ideas?

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments: