Friday, April 22, 2011

Photo Friday - 'Minimalist'

Interesting that this theme comes on the heels of "Lines" last week.

Even though I wouldn't consider the photo that I posted last week for "Lines" as "minimal" (though, a case could be made), I see lines, and the simplicity thereof, as a fundamental in visual minimalism.

Even in nature, I have a tendency to reduce many of my photographs to their most basic elements. This can be accomplished by lighting, background and composition.

I think modern photography, in it's effort to capture maximum detail, is often counter-intuitive in conveying minimalism and yet it can be done.

Since it's a relatively modern concept, I've chosen a relatively modern subject for this theme:

Pink Watercooler

More examples of photos tagged minimalism on my Flickr photostream.

No comments: