Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday



I don't expect that this will become a regular item here, but I've recently become aware of the blog phenomenon that is: Self Portrait Tuesday. December's theme is "reflective surfaces" and I had this picture and kind of liked it, so here was my excuse to post it.



Films Recently Watched:

House of Flying Daggers (2004) dir. by Yimou Zhang
Zhang also directed another film I watched several months ago, Hero, which starred Jet Li. Both of these films are sights to behold. Monochromatic sets and costumes abound in vivid colors. I'm not a huge martial arts film lover, but both of these films seem to be to be much more than your standard martial arts films. Be aware that both of these films (Hero & House of Flying Daggers) are foreign language films (Mandarin/Chinese for both). I believe that the DVDs have an English dub, but I also believe that the proper way to watch them is in their original language w/ subtitles.

Spider-Man 2 (2004) dir. by Sam Raimi

Let the Christmas movie-fest begin!

How The Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966) dir. by Chuck Jones and Ben Washam

Miracle on 34th Street (1947) dir. by George Seaton

Christmas Vacation (1989) dir. by Jeremiah S. Chechik. Written and produced by John Hughes.

A Christmas Story (1983) dir. by Bob Clark

The Polar Express (2004) dir. by Robert Zemekis Like I said before, the first time I watched this was with Hannah while Christy was out shopping. So Christy wanted to watch it too, so I watched it again.

No comments: