Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday #2

The Self Portrait Tuesday challenge for the month of March was "time."

My submission below was inspired by hula seventy, whose blog I've been reading for a few months, but just recently added to my sidebar. Her "time" self portrait collage [HERE] was so good, I decided that I should at least give it a try, so here are 18 pictures of me from last Wednesday, March 29, 2006, one for each waking hour of my day, beginning at 7:00am. Each picture is approximately on the hour, give or take.

This should go a long way to correcting my typical "absent photographer" issues with family pictures, not that anybody's been complaining.

(Click on any individual picture for a larger view.)
(Explanations for each picture below the collage.)

7am8am9am
10am11am12pm
1pm2pm3pm
4pm5pm6pm
7pm8pm9pm
10pm11pm12am

7am: Yes, still a little fuzzy. Getting ready to make Hannah's breakfast.
8am: On the way to drop off Hannah at daycare. I love how she noticed I was taking a picture and hammed it up from the backseat!
9am: Makin' coffee! I believe that I am not the only one who actually makes coffee at work, but it sure feels that way sometimes.
10am: It varies from day to day, but I spend some time on the phone everyday. We may be one of the few copyright departments who actually answer their phones regularly. Sometimes it is with regular clients (record companies, etc.), but often it is with custom clients. Churches and individuals are often happy just to have a voice on the line to whom they can ask some basic copyright questions. I usually enjoy the part of my job that involves educating those folks.
11am: Potty break!
12pm: E-mailin' (but barely making a dent!)
1pm: OK, the simple fact is that I spend roughly 8 hours at my desk Monday through Friday. This being a Wednesday, I was at my desk most of the day. I've tried to "mix it up" a little bit but couldn't exactly take field trips every hour.
2pm: The "time" in lunchtime varies a bit from day to day. Sometimes I go early with other people, but usually, left on my own, I'll either skip it entirely or eat leftovers warmed up in the microwave whenever I get around to it. Today, I decided it might be a good idea to get out of the office just for a change of scenery. Choices for lunch in Alexandria are better than they used to be, but still fairly limited. Today, I decided to go through the McDonalds Drive-thru, partly to get this shot that I ended up with. It turned out even better than I could have planned -- if you look closely (click to enlarge any image), you will see that on the McDonalds bag there is a guy doing a snapshot of he and his girl -- a self portrait within a self portrait! I think I just blew your mind!!
3pm: Filing -- woohoo!
4pm: Look closely again. My reflection is in the glass on the picture. Lot's of reflections here!
5pm: Lounging in Bill Gaither's office. Notice the bright light coming through his window. It's there even on cloudy days! Weird, Huh??
6pm: With church activities beginning at 6:30 for the whole family, it's usually easier to just meet someplace for dinner and then go straight to church. This particular day, it was Subway. As it turned out, unfortunately, it was the only time that day we were all together that day except for in the early morning.
7pm: What would I do for a Klondike bar? Well, I'd wear a name tag in a choir that I've been in for over five years, that's for sure!
8pm: Sorry these last two shots are so similar. I was trying to be inconspicuous at church with this project. Bible study after choir and a little coffee to help me through the evening.
9pm: Christy had a few items she wanted me to pick up at the grocery on my way home. Here I am driving to the supermarket. Not sure why, but I've got some kind of weird eyeshine thing happening in this picture. Maybe I'm turning into a werewolf?
10pm: At the grocery.
11pm: Finally back home and, what else? -- watching a movie.
12am: Good Night and have a pleasant tomorrow!

No comments: