Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Egg Hunt #2 (2006)

We spent the afternoon and evening of Easter Sunday with Dad and Mom and my Sister's family at my Sister's home in Illinois. We drove through heavy rain both there and back and the weather was overcast most of the time we were there, so we just did our Easter Egg Hunt for Hannah on their front porch. Despite the weather, it was good to be with family.

I also helped my nephew, Tyler a little bit with his blog template, which I always enjoy. If you visit Tyler's blog, please beware the "X-19 wierd factor" -- consider yourself warned. :)

Stockwell Family -- Easter, 2006Finally, here's an Easter family portrait:


Films Recently Watched:

Enchanted April (1992) dir. by Mike Newell

Sabrina (1954) dir. by Billy Wilder
Audrey Hepburn simply sparkles in her title role here. William Holden worked for me as the wreckless playboy. Humphrey Bogart didn't convince me as the responsible brother, much less a love interest.

The Wild Bunch (1969) dir. by Sam Peckinpah
I loved the editing in this. Amazing, especially during the gunfights. A much better role for William Holden than in Sabrina (granted it was 15 years later).
From IMDb Trivia:
According to editor Lou Lombardo the original release print contains some 3,643 editorial cuts, more than any other Technicolor film ever processed. Some of these cuts are near subliminal, consisting of three or four frames, making them almost imperceptible to the naked eye.

Fried Green Tomatoes (1991) dir. by Jon Avnet

Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003) (TV) dir. by Genndy Tartakovsky
I finally found Volume 2 of this DVD set at the library (I had borrowed Volume 1 from a friend about a year ago). Both volumes are very nicely done. The stories do a good job of filling in the details between Episodes 2 and 3. There's plenty of humor throughout. Lots of action, much of which is stylistically appropriate to the animation genre (i.e. difficult to do live-action).

No comments: