Tuesday, February 25, 2014

SPC - 'Favorite Songs' - #3

Walk

Every once in a while, I have to load this video on Youtube and listen to Foo Fighters play their entire album "Wasting Light" in an even more "raw" form than it comes across in all of its analog glory in the studio recording. Love to see Grohl's emotion come through so viscerally and to see Taylor Hawkins absolutely *wailing* on the drums. I don't tolerate much "scream" in vocals on the music I listen to, but I could listen to Dave Grohl scream/sing just about all day and not get tired of it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that "Walk" is my favorite song on the album, but it was the one that occurred to me that I could easily portray visually for the SPC contributions.

If you don't have the 49 minutes to watch the entire thing, here's the start point for "Walk" on that video and here's the goofy music video.

1 comment:

Julia said...

"Walk" is one of Anderson's favorite Foo Fghters songs, too. From your picture, I was guessing "Walking on Sunshine" :)