Monday, March 10, 2014

SPC - 'Favorite Songs' - #4

Head Over Heels

Using Tears For Fears' 80s classic for my final entry this month because - even after seventeen years - I'm still 'Head Over Heels' in love with this girl.

#funnyhowtimeflies

For Self Portrait Challenge - 'Favorite Songs'

Here's an alternate:
head-over-heels-alternate

I've always been amused at the counterintuitiveness of this idiom. "Head Over Heels," usually is the normal state of affairs, but its meaning is precisely the opposite. A quick glance at my ever-ready American Heritage Dictionary of Idioms says, "This expression originated in the 1300s as heels over head and meant literally being upside down. It took its present form in the 1700s and its present meaning in the 1800s."

This is my...
four-leaf-clover
Four Leaf Clover

No comments: