Friday, December 31, 2010

Photo Friday - 'Best of 2010'

It's always difficult to look back on a year of photos and determine the "best" shot of 2010.

In what context?

Family memories? Flickr popularity? Published work? Personal satisfaction? Technical perfection?

Well, my final selection has to do with some of those items, but more specifically the act of being deliberate about photography. I very much remain an advocate of letting the photo opportunities coming to me as they will. Having said that, I am learning that there are times when a photographer needs to be able to make a photo upon request regardless of the situation (lighting, weather, etc.)

Obviously, I don't create or control the weather, but this is one of those times when I deliberately set out to get this shot and I came back with it:
Summer Solstice Storm (SOOC)

Honorable Mentions...

No comments: