Tuesday, January 06, 2009

SPC -- 'Album Covers' #1

So, the theme at Self Portrait Challenge for January is Album covers.

I'm really curious what contributors will do with this theme.

Here's my first effort:

I can remember asking for the 'No Jacket Required' album for a Christmas or Birthday present because I wanted the song, "In The Air Tonight." Unfortunately, I didn't realize that this song has been on one of Phil Collins' previous albums, "Face Value." I had heard it on Miami Vice, and Phil's new album was "No Jacket Required" so I just figured it was on there. Fortunately, even though "In The Air Tonight" wasn't there, I did discover Phil Collins as a solo artist from this album and I still enjoy him as such to this day.

Eventually, I did find "In The Air Tonight" on a Miami Vice soundtrack which also contained "You Belong to the City" which, I think, was among the first songs I figured out how to play when I got my Tenor Saxophone in 5th grade.

No Torso Required

Here's the original for comparison:
Nojacket

No comments: