Monday, October 03, 2011

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia -- def. - the fear of long words.

 For the month of October, participants at Self Portrait Challenge are exploring fears. They may be honest-to-goodness actual personal fears or depictions of fears that they may not actually experience, but have fun depicting photographically. The latter is the case for this one.

 I do not experience any problems with long words except for the occasional misspelling -- which may be an issue here. Since I found this word and got my paper prop ready, I have discovered an alternate spelling for this word "quipped" (double-p, there). Still not sure which one is correct.

*********************
  DSC_6044_gimp_bw_lomo2_small

 This was actually my original concept for this shot with the typewriter and white out. I decided to shoot the wadded up version as an alternate. I switched the alternate to the primary when I saw how the post-processing turned out.

No comments: