Tuesday, March 08, 2011

This will be a day long remembered...

Did I mention that I finally let the kids watch Star Wars?
Did I mention that I finally let the kids watch Star Wars?


We recently let the kids watch Star Wars (1977) for the first time. They were both aware of some of the ships and characters from toys and clothing and a general awareness of Pop Culture, but they hadn't actually seen the movie.

My hope had always been that both kids would be ready to watch it at about the same time and that's pretty much how it worked out. They both liked it, of course, and are anxious to see the other films in the series. We're letting them watch the original a few more times before we launch into any others.

Even though it is unlikely that I saw the original film in theaters (as a three-year-old), I keep telling them how I had to wait three years between films. Besides, Empire is so much darker than the first film. We'll see how it goes.






A friend sent me this on Facebook when I mentioned it there:




In other news...


Pee Wee Basketball 2011
Pee Wee Basketball 2011

Harrison had Pee Wee basketball on Saturdays in February again this year. He did much better this year. I didn't have to physically control his unwilling body this time, so that's a step in the right direction.

No comments: