Friday, August 08, 2008

Vacation 2008 -- #1

Preface:

I was intending to put up a single post about our recent vacation to Michigan, but I'm looking at my basic outline and realize that a single post would likely be so extremely long as to border on sleep-inducing, and, also, would likely be so long in completing, that by the time I posted it, it would be more out of date than it already is.

Thus, I have decided to split up the post into several which will come as I am able to complete them.

TUESDAY:
We decided that since we were planning to be out of town much of the week of our local County Fair that we would go Tuesday night even though we were leaving Wednesday for Michigan. I mean, it's a tradition for us. We've been every year since Hannah was Harrison's age. We even still have the goldfish that Hannah got at the County Fair three years ago!!

We had great weather for the Madison County Fair. We ate junk food, strolled the Midway and the commerce building.

Hannah even got to ride a couple of rides.

Harrison is beginning to master his animal sounds. He uses his version of "Moo" which is really just "mmmmmmm" for both cows and horses and pretty much anything else that remotely resembles a cow. But anyway, we thought he might be excited about seeing a real cow, but mostly he was just terrified.

A few sights from the County Fairgrounds:

Fun SlideColorful Shade



So once we got home and got the kids in bed, we began to pack the van, cross off items on lists, etc. One of the items on my list was to investigate a tire on the van that was setting off a sensor for low air pressure. The van is fairly new to us and I figured that this was probably one of those oversensitive sensors and that I'd use my cigarette-lighter-powered air compressor to add a bit of air to the tire and make the sensor light go out. Easy enough, right? Yeah, I thought so too until I got down low enough to see the drywall screw in the shoulder of the tire.

To be continued...

No comments: